Thursday, April 26, 2012

At Home

Okay everybody, this is the last frantic thing I am going to do before I set off onto an unknown adventure.  Don't feel pressured to read every day, I am mostly making sure my mom knows I am still alive :) There is something about handing your mother an itinerary that just has the names of various countries and approximate, tenative, possible dates on it that just doesn't make her seem all that happy.  So, Mom, this is for you!

It has been quite the mad dash to this trip.  I bought my ticket just days before that lovely tree decided to crush my car in half.  The timing of the smashing and subsequent bestowal of a pretty decent return for the crushed Quaddler leads me to believe that God, the Universe, or some mischievous poltergeist thought to his or herself "Hey, Skylar needs a vacation!"

So vacation it is!  I will be backpacking through Europe thanks to the lovely Katie Shine, who shared her fantastic backpack that has already traveled once through the world.  I feel there is a lot of luck in this bag because the Shine-ster and I met last year on another random trip - that time to Greece.   Katie traveled all over the world and when we met on a boat in Greece we just happened to find out that we were neighbors in Portland.

Anyway, other random news: this morning not only did I go to yoga, finish homework for school, start a blog, and finishing packing, but I also bought a car!!!  Thanks to Bryan and his lovely mom Judy I should have a Toyota Corolla when I return!

Just so everyone is on the same page, I will be flying into Amsterdam Friday morning, hopping out of the airport for a little bit, then flying to Prague.  I have a hostel to stay in for two nights and then I need to figure out where and when I am going after that.  Cross your fingers friends and family!  I will post pictures and let everyone know where I am at as soon as I do.

Love,
Skylar

1 comment:

  1. Skylar. This is Lulu. When you come back home? Me want food. Me hungry. Feed my tummy. Liver and gravy. Beef pate. Fish stew.

    Come home and feed me or I'll bite your leg,

    --Lulu

    ReplyDelete